Canadian Bone & Joint Conference
2018 Canadian Bone and Joint Conference
2018 - April 12&13
The successful biennial Candian Bone and Joint Conference will once again be offered in 2018 bringing together attendees from all aspects of Musculoskeletal Research to share ideas and further research in this very important area as we work toward Lifelong Mobility.
Call for Abstracts Deadline - TBA
Details to be added as they are confirmed on the conference website at: http://boneandjoint.imaging.robarts.ca
2016 Canadian Bone and Joint Conference
April 8 & 9, 2016
Building on the success of the 2014 BAJIR Conference, Western's Bone and Joint Institute hosted it's biennual conference with the new banner of the Canadian Bone and Joint Conference, bringing together attendees from all aspects of Musculoskeletal Research to share ideas and further research in this very important area.
Call for Abstracts Deadline - Feb 28th 2016
Conference Speakers Included:
- Dr, Aileen Davis, University Hospital Network, Toronto Ontario
- Dr Carl-Éric Aubin, Polytechnique Montréal PQ
- Dr. Marjolein van der Mueluenm Cornell University, NY
- Dr. Carl Blobel, Hospital for Special Surgery, NY
- Dr. Emil Schemitsch, Western University, Canada
- Dr. Cari Whyne Sunnybrook Research Institute Toronto, Canada
- Dr. Ana Luisa Trejos, Western University, Canada
2014 Bone and Joint Injury and Repair (BAJIR) Conference
January 16 & 17th 2014
Arthritis is a debilitating and painful condition affecting nearly four and a half million Canadians, and the number is steadily climbing as our population ages. It takes a huge toll on a person’s quality of life, and on our health budgets. The cost of treating one of the most common forms, osteoarthritis, alone is expected to quadruple over the next two decades reaching $8.1 billion by the year 2031.
The role of inflammation in arthritis and cost-effective osteoarthritis care are two of the topics covered in the 2014 Bone and Joint Injury Repair Conference which took place at the London Convention Centre on January 16th and 17th 2014. Organized by The Interdisciplinary Development Initiative in Bone & Joint Health at Western University, the conference attracted over 125 physicians and scientists from across Canada. In addition to diseases like arthritis, the conference will cover trauma injuries, orthopaedic surgery, imaging issues and the newest treatments to improve musculoskeletal health.
Some conference highlights:
• Dr. John Di Battista of McGill University and the role of inflammation in osteoarthritis
• Dr. Mark McLeod of London Health Sciences Centre discusses where is the future for research
• Keynote Address –Andre Picard, health reporter, Globe and Mail newspaper, “Get Hip to the Benefits of Health Research”
• Dr. Ed Harvey of McGill University on orthopaedic trauma research